The IBS Discrete Mathematics Group had its first “DIMAG internal workshop” at Jeonju Lahan Hotel located in Jeonju Hanok Village on November 16-18, 2020. Participants include almost all current members of DIMAG and Jaehoon Kim from KAIST, and Hong Liu from University of Warwick. Every participant had a chance to present their current research problems informally.
From October 31 to November 4, 2019, IBS discrete mathematics group hosted the 2nd East Asia Workshop on Extremal and Structural Graph Theory in Jeju. It is a workshop to bring active researchers in the field of extremal and structural graph theory, especially in the East Asia such as China, Japan, and Korea. Participants have great chance to discuss recent progress in graph theory, interesting open problems, finding new potential collaborators, and exploring the beautiful island.
- Ping Hu, Sun Yat-Sen University, China
- Jaehoon Kim, KAIST, Korea
- O-joung Kwon, Incheon National University and IBS Discrete Mathematics Group, Korea
- Joonkyung Lee, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Binlong Li, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
- Hongliang Lu, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
- Abhishek Methuku, IBS Discrete Mathematics Group, Korea
- Atsuhiro Nakamoto, Yokohama National University, Japan
- Kenta Noguchi, Tokyo University of Science, Japan
- Kenta Ozeki, Yokohama National University, Japan
- Boram Park, Ajou University, Korea
- Yuejian Peng, Hunan University, China
- Zi-Xia Song, University of Central Florida, U.S.A.
- Tomáš Kaiser, University of West Bohemia, Czech Republic.
- Maho Yokota, Tokyo University of Science, Japan.
- Xuding Zhu, Zhejiang Normal University, China
|Toshiki||Abe||Yokohama National University|
|Jungho||Ahn||KAIST / IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Ilkyoo||Choi||Hankook University of Foreign Studies|
|Shinya||Fujita||Yokohama City University|
|Alexander||Gavrilyuk||Pusan National University|
|Pascal||Gollin||IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Kevin||Hendrey||IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Ping||Hu||Sun Yat-sen University|
|Tomáš||Kaiser||University of West Bohemia|
|Dong Yeap||Kang||KAIST / IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Gen||Kawatani||Tokyo University of Science|
|Donggyu||Kim||KAIST / IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Younjin||Kim||Ewha Womans University|
|O-joung||Kwon||Incheon National University / IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Young Soo||Kwon||Yeungnam University|
|Dabeen||Lee||IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Duksang||Lee||KAIST / IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Joonkyung||Lee||University of Hamburg|
|Sang June||Lee||Kyung Hee University|
|Binlong||Li||Northwestern Polytechnical University|
|Henry||Liu||Sun Yat-sen University|
|Hongliang||Lu||Xi’an Jiaotong University|
|Jie||Ma||University of Science and Technology of China|
|Ryota||Matsubara||Shibaura Institute of Technology|
|Abhishek||Methuku||IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Atsuhiro||Nakamoto||Yokohama National University|
|Kenta||Noguchi||Tokyo University of Science|
|Sang-il||Oum||IBS Discrete Mathematics Group / KAIST|
|Kenta||Ozeki||Yokohama National University|
|Jongyook||Park||Kyungpook National University|
|Yoshio||Sano||University of Tsukuba|
|Mark||Siggers||Kyungpook National University|
|Zi-Xia||Song||University of Central Florida|
|Casey||Tompkins||IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Douglas||West||Zhejiang Normal University|
|Hehui||Wu||Shanghai Center for Mathematical Sciences|
|Maho||Yokota||Tokyo U Science|
|Xuding||Zhu||Zhejiang Normal University|
- Seog-Jin Kim, Konkuk University, Korea.
- Sang-il Oum, IBS Discrete Mathematics Group, Korea and KAIST, Korea.
- Kenta Ozeki, Yokohama National University, Japan.
- Hehui Wu, Shanghai Center for Mathematical Sciences, China.
On July 22, 2019, the 2019 IBS Summer Research Program on Algorithms and Complexity in Discrete Structures started at the IBS discrete mathematics group, running for three weeks in the summer.
DIMAG had its first workshop “2019-1 IBS Workshop on Graph Theory” on February 11 and 12, 2019. There were 6 invited talks — Jeong Han Kim (KIAS), Cory T. Palmer (Univ. of Montana), Martin Balko (Charles Univ.), Dong Yeap Kang (KAIST), Boram Park (Ajou Univ.), and Dániel Gerbner (Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics). We would like to thank all speakers and participants.
The talks are recorded but due to technical problems, only four talks are available online.
The Discrete Mathematics Group (DIMAG) at the Institute for Basic Science (IBS) will have its first workshop in Feb. 11-12, 2019. If you want to participate, then please register by January 28 on the website. We plan to provide accommodation for speakers and selected participants requested during the online registration.
- Title: 2019-1 IBS Workshop on Graph Theory
- Location: IBS, 2nd Floor of the Theory Building, Room B232 (Daejeon)
- Website: https://dimag.ibs.re.kr/event/2019-1-graph-theory/
- Organizer: Sang-il Oum, Younjin Kim