CI (Chief Investigator), Discrete Mathematics Group (DIMAG), Center for Mathematical and Computational Sciences, Institute for Basic Science (IBS). (Dec. 2018~current)
기초과학연구원(IBS) 수리 및 계산 과학 연구단 이산수학그룹 CI (Chief Investigator) (2018.12~현재)
Discrete Mathematics Group, Institute for Basic Science (IBS), 55 Expo-ro, Yuseong-gu Daejeon, 34126 South Korea
(Korean) 34126 대전광역시 유성구 엑스포로 55 기초과학연구원 이산수학그룹
- Email: ibs.re.kr after sangil@
- Tel: +82-42-878-9200
- Office: Room B321, Theory Building (3rd floor)
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, KAIST, 291 Daehak-ro Yuseong-gu Daejeon 34141 South Korea
(Korean) 34141 대전광역시 유성구 대학로 291 KAIST 수리과학과
- Email: kaist.edu after sangil@
- Office: Room 3403 located at the 3rd floor of the building E6-1
Ph.D. from Princeton University, 2005. Advisor: Paul Seymour.
B.S. from KAIST, 1998. Visiting Assistant Professor at Georgia Institute of Technology, 2005-2006. Postdoctoral fellow at University of Waterloo, 2007.
Graph Theory, Matroid Theory, Combinatorics, Graph Algorithms, Structural Graph Theory, Parameterized Complexity, Width Parameters, etc.
Post-doctoral positions at IBS
If you are interested in becoming a post-doctoral researcher working with me, then please visit dimag.ibs.re.kr.
For students interested in being a graduate student, please visit the website of the KAIST office of admissions. (Because of my funding situation, I can only support Korean graduate students.)
Discrete Math Seminar
- A steering committee member of the ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA), 2022-.
- A program committee member of the 33rd International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation (ISAAC 2022), Seoul, December 19-21, 2022.
- A program committee member of the 47th International Symposium on Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science (MFCS 2022), Vienna, August 22-26, 2022.
- A member of the IBS Rules and Regulations Review Committee, July 2019-.
- A member of the KAIST Gifted Education Committee, April 2015-.
Selected List of Awards
- A founding member of Y-KAST (Young Korean Academy of Science and Technology), 2017.
- Young Scientist Award (젊은과학자상), President of Korea. 2012.
- Outstanding New Young Researcher Support Program (우수신진연구자지원사업), National Research Foundation of Korea, 2011.
- TJ Park Junior Faculty Fellowship (청암과학펠로), POSCO TJ Park Foundation, November 25, 2009.
Jungho Ahn (안정호), Robert Brignall, Eun-Kyung Cho (조은경), Hojin Choi (최호진), Ilkyoo Choi (최일규), Suyoung Choi (최수영), Maria Chudnovsky, Bruno Courcelle, Konrad K. Dabrowski, Matt DeVos, Reinhard Diestel, François Dross, Katherine Edwards, Eduard Eiben, Fedor V. Fomin, Tomáš Gavenčiak, Jim Geelen, J. Pascal Gollin, Georg Gottlob, Yangyan Gu, Qi Hao, Kevin Hendrey, Illya V. Hicks, Petr Hliněný, Tony Huynh, Jisu Jeong (정지수), Dong Yeap Kang (강동엽), Mihyun Kang (강미현), Mamadou Moustapha Kanté, Ken-ichi Kawarabayashi (河原林 健一), H. A. Kierstead, Donggyu Kim (김동규), Eunjung Kim (김은정), Jaehoon Kim (김재훈), Jinha Kim (김진하), Minki Kim (김민기), Ringi Kim (김린기), Sang-hyun Kim (김상현), Seog-jin Kim (김석진), Taegyun Kim (김태균), Younjin Kim (김연진), Andrew D. King, Daniel Kráľ, Stephan Kreutzer, O-joung Kwon (권오정), Choongbum Lee (이중범), Duksang Lee (이덕상), Joonkyung Lee (이준경), Sang June Lee (이상준), Chun-Hung Liu, Mikiya Masuda, Dillon Mayhew, Rose McCarty, Patrice Ossona de Mendez, Huy-Tung Nguyen, Sergey Norin, Christophe Paul, Daniel Paulusma, Ignasi Sau, Sigve Hortemo Sæther, Detlef Seese, Vaidy Sivaraman, Dimitrios M. Thilikos, Paul Seymour, Dominic van der Zypen, Martin Vatshelle, Maryam Verdian-Rizi, Sounggun Wee (위성군), Paul Wollan, David R. Wood, Xin Zhang, Xuding Zhu