On November 21, 2019, Frédéric Meunier from École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, Paris presented a talk on the orthogonal representations and the orthogonality dimension of graphs at the discrete math seminar. The title of his talk was “Topological bounds for graph representations over any field“.
On November 19, 2019, Ruth Luo from University of California San Diego gave a talk on the Turán-type results on r-uniform hypergraphs without a certain structure called an induced Berge-F. The title of her talk was “Induced Turán problems for hypergraphs“. She is visiting IBS discrete mathematics group until November 22.
On November 12, Tony Huynh from Monash University gave a talk on the maximum weight stable set problem on graphs with bounded odd cycle packing number. The title of his talk was “Stable sets in graphs with bounded odd cycle packing number“.
On October 20, 2019, Dabeen Lee (이다빈), a research fellow at the IBS discrete mathematics group, received the 2nd place prize in the INFORMS Optimization Society Student Paper Prize. This prize was established in 2006 by the Optimization Society of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences and is awarded annually at the INFORMS Annual Meeting for the most outstanding paper in optimization. This year, the INFORMS Annual Meeting was held in Seattle, USA.
Dabeen was awarded for the paper co-authored with his Ph.D. advisor Prof. Gérard Cornuéjols, titled “On some polytopes contained in the 0,1 hypercube that have a small Chvátal rank“. This paper was published in Mathematical Programming in November 2018.
From October 31 to November 4, 2019, IBS discrete mathematics group hosted the 2nd East Asia Workshop on Extremal and Structural Graph Theory in Jeju. It is a workshop to bring active researchers in the field of extremal and structural graph theory, especially in the East Asia such as China, Japan, and Korea. Participants have great chance to discuss recent progress in graph theory, interesting open problems, finding new potential collaborators, and exploring the beautiful island.
- Ping Hu, Sun Yat-Sen University, China
- Jaehoon Kim, KAIST, Korea
- O-joung Kwon, Incheon National University and IBS Discrete Mathematics Group, Korea
- Joonkyung Lee, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Binlong Li, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
- Hongliang Lu, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
- Abhishek Methuku, IBS Discrete Mathematics Group, Korea
- Atsuhiro Nakamoto, Yokohama National University, Japan
- Kenta Noguchi, Tokyo University of Science, Japan
- Kenta Ozeki, Yokohama National University, Japan
- Boram Park, Ajou University, Korea
- Yuejian Peng, Hunan University, China
- Zi-Xia Song, University of Central Florida, U.S.A.
- Tomáš Kaiser, University of West Bohemia, Czech Republic.
- Maho Yokota, Tokyo University of Science, Japan.
- Xuding Zhu, Zhejiang Normal University, China
|Toshiki||Abe||Yokohama National University|
|Jungho||Ahn||KAIST / IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Ilkyoo||Choi||Hankook University of Foreign Studies|
|Shinya||Fujita||Yokohama City University|
|Alexander||Gavrilyuk||Pusan National University|
|Pascal||Gollin||IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Kevin||Hendrey||IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Ping||Hu||Sun Yat-sen University|
|Tomáš||Kaiser||University of West Bohemia|
|Dong Yeap||Kang||KAIST / IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Gen||Kawatani||Tokyo University of Science|
|Donggyu||Kim||KAIST / IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Younjin||Kim||Ewha Womans University|
|O-joung||Kwon||Incheon National University / IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Young Soo||Kwon||Yeungnam University|
|Dabeen||Lee||IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Duksang||Lee||KAIST / IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Joonkyung||Lee||University of Hamburg|
|Sang June||Lee||Kyung Hee University|
|Binlong||Li||Northwestern Polytechnical University|
|Henry||Liu||Sun Yat-sen University|
|Hongliang||Lu||Xi’an Jiaotong University|
|Jie||Ma||University of Science and Technology of China|
|Ryota||Matsubara||Shibaura Institute of Technology|
|Abhishek||Methuku||IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Atsuhiro||Nakamoto||Yokohama National University|
|Kenta||Noguchi||Tokyo University of Science|
|Sang-il||Oum||IBS Discrete Mathematics Group / KAIST|
|Kenta||Ozeki||Yokohama National University|
|Jongyook||Park||Kyungpook National University|
|Yoshio||Sano||University of Tsukuba|
|Mark||Siggers||Kyungpook National University|
|Zi-Xia||Song||University of Central Florida|
|Casey||Tompkins||IBS Discrete Mathematics Group|
|Douglas||West||Zhejiang Normal University|
|Hehui||Wu||Shanghai Center for Mathematical Sciences|
|Maho||Yokota||Tokyo U Science|
|Xuding||Zhu||Zhejiang Normal University|
- Seog-Jin Kim, Konkuk University, Korea.
- Sang-il Oum, IBS Discrete Mathematics Group, Korea and KAIST, Korea.
- Kenta Ozeki, Yokohama National University, Japan.
- Hehui Wu, Shanghai Center for Mathematical Sciences, China.