On August 20, 2019, Mihyun Kang (강미현) from Graz University of Technology, Austria presented her work on the genus of random graphs and randomly perturbed graphs at the Discrete Math Seminar. The title of her talk was “The genus of a random graph and the fragile genus property”. She will stay until August 22, 2019 at the IBS Discrete Mathematics Group.
“2019 Combinatorics Workshop” was held from August 13 to August 15, 2019 at Incheon.
The 2019 Combinatorics Workshop (2019 조합론 학술대회) was held from August 13, 2019 to August 15, 2019 at the SKYPARK Hotel, Songdo, Incheon. There were 16 talks.
- Mihyun Kang (강미현), Graz University of Technology
- Jaehoon Kim (김재훈), KAIST
- Seung Jin Lee (이승진), Seoul National University
- Meesue Yoo (유미수), Dankook University
- Eun-Kyung Cho (조은경), Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
- Soogang Eoh (어수강), Seoul National University
- JiSun Huh (허지선), Sungkyunkwan University
- Jihyeug Jang (장지혁), Sungkyunkwan University
- Dong Yeap Kang (강동엽), KAIST and IBS Discrete Mathematics Group
- Min Jeong Kang (강민정), Incheon National University
- Dabeen Lee (이다빈), IBS Discrete Mathematics Group
- Kang-Ju Lee (이강주), Seoul National University
- Myeonghwan Lee (이명환), Incheon National University
- Jihye Park (박지혜), Yeungnam University
- Sun-mi Yun (윤선미), Sungkyunkwan University
Mihyun Kang (강미현), The genus of a random graph and the fragile genus property
In this talk we shall discuss how quickly the genus of the Erdős-Rényi random graph grows as the number of edges increases and how dramatically a small number of random edges can increase the genus of a randomly perturbed graph. (Joint work with Chris Dowden and Michael Krivelevich)